Search Tips for using the Simple Keyword Search
This is a fast but relatively unsophisticated search tool. Please observe the following examples when entering your searches.
In Internet Explorer: Strike Control-F. Or, pull down the Edit menu, and click on Find.
In Netscape: Strike Control-F. Or pull down the Search menu, and click on Find in this Page.
1. The search does not recognize phrases, and does not allow you to put phrases inside quote marks. If you search for Hotel Eagle, the search engine will look for any documents that have the word Hotel or the word Eagle in them, not necessarily side-by-side in the form "Hotel Eagle."
2. The search assumes that you want to connect all of the words that you enter with "OR." If you search for Hotel Eagle, the search is looking for any documents that have EITHER the word Eagle OR the word Hotel in them, not necessarily both words.
3. You can force the engine to do a boolean AND search by placing a plus sign (+) in front of each word. To get only documents that contain BOTH words, enter your search as +hotel +eagle.
4. Some of the monthly listings are extremely long, but you can use a "find" feature built into your browser to quickly drill down to the entries you really want. Using our example of the Hotel Eagle, the first month that shows up in the results has more than 350 entries! To get quickly to the entries you want to see:
5. In many searches, you get too many results to work with. We hope to give you a better search tool soon. Thanks for your patience. We felt it was important to get this valuable material online as soon as possible, and to not delay access to the material as we work at creating a more sophisticated database and search feature.
To search the Snow Index, enter your search in the box below.